1. Research The Currency Pairs – To learn FOREX trading it is important to understand that pairs of currencies are traded on the Forex market, not single currencies. These pairs can be different for each trade, and the fluctuation of the treaties is almost constant. This type of trading is different from the stock market and other investment types. It is important to understand how the currency pairs and market work before jumping in.
2. Emotion Should Be Completely Avoided – Trading on any market should be completely void of all emotions. Trades should be based on signals and market patterns, which are determined using a number of analysis methods. Every trader in the Forex market should base trading decisions on the data, not the feelings associated with the trade.
3. Always Formulate and Follow A Good Trading Strategy – A trading strategy is important, and outlines the acceptable risks and other factors involved. To learn FOREX trading quickly a strategy must be formulated. There are almost as many trading strategies as there are investors, and this strategy should be unique to the goals and restrictions set by the individual trader. Some investors are willing to take higher risks than others. It is also important to follow the strategy chosen. Failure to do this usually results in a loss of capital.
4. Use a Practice Account – New investors need experience on the market, but beginners also tend to have high risks of capital loss while gaining this needed experience. A practice or dummy account can help investors learn to trade on the Forex market quickly, and without facing any financial losses. These accounts allow an investor to choose currency pairs to trade without any capital, and these trades are monitored for performance. This can be a fast way to learn how to trade on this market and gain valuable experience at the same time.
5. Learn about Trend Lines and Support and Resistance Levels – The ability to learn FOREX trading in a day means learning the basics quickly. Learning and understanding what trend lines are and how they work can help investors identify any market trends before these occur. Support and resistance levels are also an important part of Forex trading.
6. Too Many Indicators Can Complicate Decisions – One mistake that many Forex traders make initially is to rely on too many indicators. Some of the best Forex traders do not use any indicators, while others may use several. For individuals starting out in the Forex market most experts advise choosing one indicator to follow. This can help increase the number of profitable trades for some investors.
7. Keep Expectations Reasonable – While it is possible to learn FOREX trading in a day this will only cover the most basic concepts. Time and market experience are essential for profitable forex trading over the long-term, and high expectations which are dashed could lead to discouragement. Expect losses at first while the market is being learned. The best traders often have months and years of experience.