When you start looking at creating infoproducts one of the first choices you face is whether to create an ebook or to come up with something else. eBooks are a great digital product to create and sell, but there is more than one way to sell information online. In this article we will give you a few ways you can create information products online besides ebooks.
1. Create a report that really addresses a very specific niche within a broad theme. An example of this would be a report on 10 things to do Chicago in the summer. This is very specific and would attract an audience traveling to Chicago. A report on 10 things to do on your summer vacation is good, but not as specific.
You would want to know how many people are searching for travel information about Chicago. You could sell a quality report for $5-$10 and it does not have to be as long as a book.
2. Teleseminars are becoming a great infoproduct and an excellent sales tool for back end products as well. A 1 hour seminar featuring valuable information on a timely topic can be easy to create and sell for $20-$50 a person. You can limit the access to help sell out quicker. You could do a group of teleseminars and then compile them and sell access to the recordings at a later date.
3. In place of eBooks create ecourses and sell them. You can deliver them right to a person’s email. a 5 or 10 part email course could be sold for $20-$30 and once you have it set up can bring you money over and over. It is easy to update whenever it needs to be. With the number of free ebooks and ecourses you need yours to really deliver, but many people will perceive it as more valuable than a free one and pay based on that.
4. Audio books are big business today. Why not create an audio version of an ebook or ecourse and make that available for sale. People will even pay a little more for an mp3 version of a product.
5. As social networking continues to advance people are looking for ways to become involved and interact with the products they buy. Doing interviews with experts and selling them as an infoproduct online offers huge potential to the savvy marketer willing to learn how to this. They are easy to record and can be done over the phone and then offered online.
6. Would you pay for an ezine that offered premium information and inside tips every month. There are people who do. One guy publishes a inside information newsletter online about stocks and bonds. He hires the writers to write fresh content and sells it as a monthly membership. He clears over $1 Million Dollars a year.
7. Private memberships are another infoproduct you can create and make very good money on. I know one membership site that was created off of a person’s fascination with celebrities. He offers the contact information on over 10,000 celebrities for under $10 a month. He has over 40,000 members and works 10 hours a day 5 days a week keeping it updated.
8. Another popular digital infoproduct today is private label rights videos. There are websites that offers a monthly membership with access to ready-made videos on most popular subjects with private label rights. You can take PLR videos “as is” and bundle them to create infoproducts on virtually any subject. With a good sales letter you can make money selling these in bundles. If you know how to edit videos using Camtasia or similar software you can make changes and earn even more by selling videos with your company logo and advertisements. Videos are the perfect media for viral marketing.
This is 8 ideas on creating infoproducts. You really are only limited by your own creativity. Membership sites take work every month to make the membership worthwhile. Other infoproducts can be set up to make sales for years to come. The choice is up to you.