In the beginning, casino management was not tuned to formal training and standards, due due to its emergence from mob influence and haphazard development. Today, casino management requires a high degree of skill in a general business sense as well as expertise in casinos, such as knowledge of gaming laws and regulations.
Casino Management Agreements. A growing trend in international gaming is to outsource the casino management function. Many foreign companies may not be as fully developed in business and wish to hire an experienced casino company to take over day-to-day operations on a contract basis for a percentage of revenue.
Casino Management Positions. Top jobs are often filled by the "old boy network" or by recruitment through executive search firms. Typical positions include:
-Casino Cage Manager
Make sure that any Casino Management company you use is a company with high levels of experience and knowledge and that their casino management agreements are fair and provide organizations with the opportunity to be able to run their own gaming businesses after just a short period of time.
Specific areas that a Casino Management consultancy can provide are:
* Feasibility Studies
* Conceptualization of projects
* Implementation of projects
* Preparation and implementation of marketing program
* Recruitment of staff
* Loss Prevention
* Management Company Interfaces
* Operational Management
* Physical Security Reviews
* Internal Control System Set-Up
* Security Program & CCTV Set-Up
* Employee Screening
* Security / Internal Control Training
* Security Personnel Placement
* Risk Management & Safety
Here is an example of one of those areas and that is Loss Prevention.
The objectives of Loss Prevention are:
– to reduce unnecessary costs, protect capital and improve operations.
– review, test and recommend any changes necessary to existing internal control systems.
– identify insecure areas, possible areas of fraud and show how to combat them.
– report on assessing vulnerability in all areas of business operations including purchasing, inventory control, revenue, receiving, employment, accounts payable / receivable, fixed asset control, computer and physical security.