If you’re only starting to explore advertising by classified ads, then as early as now, you need to learn the difference between free and paid classified ads (http://classifieds.ozfreeonline.com/). This marketing channel can be found in two forms, print and online. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. For instance, online classified ads definitely have a more global reach with websites displaying in the internet. Paid classified ads found in newspapers, on the other hand, may already have a strong following and a more define demographic for the advertiser.
Striking a balance between your postings between paid and free classified ads (http://classifieds.ozfreeonline.com/) need to be a decision that is aligned with your business goals. The follow are some of the things you should consider when choosing one type of classified ad over the other:
- Demographic – Try to find out from the site or the newspaper what kind of markets they cater to. Is this the kind of audience you want for your ad? If its free advertisement, this would not be such a big issue. However, if payment is required, try to trim down your impressions to the audiences that matter. They will have a better chance of converting and will give you a faster return on your advertisement investment.
- Images – Check if this is a selling proposition by the advertiser. Some online classified ads channels will allow you to post two to three images with your ad listing. Many free online classifieds will also allow you to do this without the extra cost, so you need to ask yourself how many pictures you need to upload and if it really is worth the additional cost.
- Charging scheme – Some paid advertising sites will charge you by the number of impressions your ad generates. This is usually called the CPM (cost per thousand impressions). Before you fully give in to their tracking system’s ability to really find out how many impressions you are getting, consider linking your ad or ad links to your own analytics system so you could do your own monitoring. Some ad sites, on the other hand, charge you per action. This is by far easier to track, but may be a bit more costly.
- Ad format – Find out how they intend to display your ads. Some sites will only allow certain banner sizes. Others will allow you to post video ads, while some can only host text ads. Check on the available options and go to other sites to see how much they charge for particular ad formats and/or banner sizes.
- Ad placing – This is one of the most important considerations you have to check on for paid online classified advertising. Is your pay worth the placement? Some sites will offer you better placement for higher rates. Top banner advertisement will have a significantly better conversion ratio than ads found in the body along with a hundred other online ads. Even a sidebar advertisement in a square format will be different than one that is placed as a skyscraper.