I drastically improved my chess game and would like to share these secrets with you. It is a game that requires continuous learning and practice.
Like most other chess players, I am constantly looking for ways to improve my chess game. Chess is one of the most popular games in the world and has been played for centuries all over the world. You can learn to play the game of chess in several hours, but you spend your whole life improving your strategies and techniques. Here are a few tips that helped me improve my chess game:
– Observe and analyze other successful players. Study the chess games of the great masters.
– Analyze your chess game and focus on your weak spots. It is helpful to have your friends analyze your chess game and point out the areas you need to improve on. Sometimes they see more than you do.
– Spend more time improving your chess endgame. Sometimes we focus more on opening moves instead of improving our chess endgame. This is especially true for beginners.
– Studying tactical combinations are probably the most important skills needed to improve your chess game. Tactical preparation was the most important training that helped me improve my chess game.
– Practice, practice, practice. Just like everything else, the more you practice the more improved your chess game will be. With all of the internet chess games available, you can practice against the computer or against another online player anytime of the day or night.
– Commit to spending time each week learning something new. I tried to read as much as I could on methods to improve my chess game.
I improved my chess game by playing interactive chess on the internet. You can play anytime you want to as they are available 24 hours a day. There are so many different chess sites that it can get confusing.
I recommend you start with the American Free Internet Chess Server (AFICS) site. It is free to use and you can click on their Quick Guide to help you get started. You can look around and watch the chess games as a guest before you register.
When you feel comfortable enough, register and begin your online chess game. If you really want to improve your chess game, play against opponents that have a higher skill level than you do. I improved my chess game not only by playing, but by watching others play.
Source by Patti Evans