Are you looking for the perfect watch that can stand up to your tough lifestyle? There are two that come to mind: the Casio Baby-G and the Casio G shock. These two watches are remarkably similar. They are both tough and durable. They can withstand large falls and impacts that other watches would crumble under. They can both be used in water, and they both have sleek designs that set them apart from other watches.
Their similarities make sense, though. After all, the Baby-G is just a smaller version of the G shock. Despite their similarities, however, there are a few unique differences you should consider before you decide to make a purchase.
Analyzing the Differences
- Men vs. Women – One of the biggest differences between these two watches is that the G shock is made for men, and the Baby-G is made for women. The sizes of the straps and the watch's face are different because of this. The Baby-G's face is generally about the same in length, but it is usually not as deep as the men's version of the watch.
- Water Resistance – AG shock watch is generally (although not always) water resistant for up to 200 meters. While some Baby-G's are as well, many are only resistant for up to 100 meters. Without your favorite activity is snorkelling or deep sea diving, however, this should not be a problem.
- Color – The men's version of this watch generally comes in very few colors, like black, red, silver, gray, and white. The women's version, however, is much more colorful. You can find these watches in red, pink, green, white, purple, black, blue, and silver. This allows women to pick and choose different and vibrant colors to match any outfit they put on.
What do These Watches Have in Common?
Aside from their sleek look and unmatchable durability, these two watch styles have several features in common, including:
- Temperature resistance – Some of the watches can withstand temperatures as low as-20 degrees Celsius.
- Electro-luminescent backlight – The backlight on these two types of watches allows you to enjoy them anytime- no matter what time of day it is.
- Auto-Calendar – These Casio watches are programmed so you will not only know the time, but the date as well. While the number of years the auto-calendar is programmed until will vary, depending on the exact version you purchase, some are programmed all the way until 2099.
- Long Battery Life – The Casio G shock and Baby-G both come with long-lasting batteries. You can use these watches for up to two years before you need to replace them.
- Stopwatch – Are you in training or simply trying to lose weight? These watches can help with one hour countdown timers, complete with an auto-repeat option, and a one hour stopwatch.
Whether you are a man or a woman, you are going to enjoy all of the unique features available to you from Casio's line of G shock watches. If you are a woman, you can enjoy the traditional G shock gives a masculine flair and has all the bells and whistles you need, and if you are a woman, you can enjoy all the same great features, but with a more feminine and colorful accessory.
Source by Robin Hale